Wanjiku Mwangi, Associate
Wanjiku Mwangi is an Associate Advocate who holds a Bachelor of Laws degree from Kenyatta University. As part of her legal training she joined the firm as a pupil and was then admitted to the bar as an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya in 2018.
Wanjiku is in charge of the Corporate and Commercial Department and her areas of practice include Corporate and Commercial Law, majorly consisting of Company compliances and regulations, Newspaper Registration, preparation of commercial agreements, formation and restructuring of various legal entities including but not limited to Companies, Limited Liability Partnerships, Sole Proprietorships and Charitable/Ngos.
Wanjiku also has experience in a offering advisory and due diligence services to a wide range of clients including but not limited to Financial Institutions, Legal Entities and Real Estate developers.
Areas of expertise
- Civil and commercial litigation
- Employment and Labour Relations Law
- Legal Research
- Probate and Estate Administration
- Family Law
Membership in professional societies
- Member, Law Society of Kenya (LSK)
- Member, East Africa Law Society (EALS)
- 2018: Postgraduate Diploma, Kenya School of Law
- 2015: Bachelor of Laws Degree, Kenyatta University
- 2018-to date: Associate, Mbugwa, Atudo & Macharia Advocates
- Represented and advised clients of a Joint Venture Project in a deal valued at Kes. 47,956,099/- and was involved in streamlining the investment vehicles by overseeing that all conditions have been fulfilled, drafting the Joint Venture Agreements, incorporating the special purpose vehicle, preparing the Shareholders’ Agreement and other accompanying documents.
- Represented and advised clients of a Joint Venture Project in a deal valued at Kes. 392,000,000/- and was involved in streamlining the investment vehicles by overseeing that all conditions have been fulfilled, drafting the Joint Venture Agreements, Articles of Association and other accompanying documents.
- Acted for various clients, including property developers and owners of commercial buildings in the sale and development of the various properties. Transactions involved preparing the preparing Sale Agreements, registering transfers, due diligence and advising clients on legal issues arising thereof.
- Represented the Nairobi County Government of Kenya in the titling process and more particularly in the preparation of over 1000 Lease documents for registration.